Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Distraction

So, I've been missing things on my plan. I've been cutting a few rides short. I've raced only one Bubba race. I have been a little distracted for the last few weeks. Tomorrow morning, my wife will have surgery to remove a 'growth'. I'm not good with medical topics; if it has wires and circuit boards, I'm more comfortable with my knowledge. This has haunted us on the calendar for over a month now, and it always seemed so far away, but too close for comfort. We won't have any definite answers on how good/bad it is until tomorrow. In place of gearing up for a manageable cold winter commute to the office, I'll be in a waiting room coping the unmalleable. I might have been pushing some of the rides harder than I should, but I find solice in the front pounding at the wind. You'll never beat the wind; the battle wanes only on the wind's wim or your surrender. Sometimes it may seem you're winning, but eventually you will succomb. I required regular routs the in these days. Yesterday, the wind truly delivered with freezing rain and piercing cold delivered on its shoulders, lashing me well. My body was relieved when I was finally turned back.

I'd rather face 1000 days of that wind than tomorrow.

No comments: