Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to work... again.

My finger is on the mend and the doc said its healing faster than expected. The splint is removed and now I'm able really ride again. Just in time for the really nice light snow this morning. I just hope I didn't miss all of the good weather to commute in this winter. Its been really light so far and I'm really wanting to get some really good winter rides in. I'm still not moving as well as I'd like on the commutes but I think it will come back as the hand feels better. At least I'm able to push it in the trainer. I'm still slowed on the road as the bumps and vibrations eventually turn into a slow dull aching pain. Shifting the front rings is a little tough, too. So I'm going to modify my January and February plans accordingly. More trainer time and on road work limited to just commuting and the short 30 mile Hub ride. The trainer sessions will be simple power and speed intervals, as I should be getting decent base and recovery miles from commuting and the Hub rides.
I'm loving the cold just wish for more snow or a full on three day blizzard. Of course the below zero temperatures were not nearly as enjoyed by Meatwad. Here he is after an evening walk around the park a few times:


It's nice to be able to type reasonably again...

No comments: