Thursday, January 8, 2009

Broken

Well that is the news today: broken.
Last week, New Year's Eve, on my regular ride home from work, I was cruising through Forest Park in the twilight. Comming up on the intersection with the Tamm overpass, I slowed because the traffic has been hectic with the 64/40 closing. ~15 mph wasn't slow enough. A car ran the stop sign. My left hand paid the price. People covered their ears as I laid out a tirade worthy of rating. Today I had the xrays and the news was that my left index finger is broken. Worse is that the break is in a finicky place and might require surgery. I hope not. This has already taken enough out of the winter conditioning. I tried to ride this morning before the news and it was a little difficult. I hope I can continue at least on the trainer.
For future reference, cars can hurt.

No comments: