Sunday, February 22, 2009

It has begun

The 2009 season is kicked off finally. The Froze Toes race in Columbia was better and worse than expected. To start, it had racing in parts. On the back stretch the pack actually broke 30 mph in a few places. The team appears to be in good shape. Bill did a nice flier and still had gas to jump after a few moves on the front. He surely earned the most aggressive label of the team for the day. Grman looked strong, just got locked up in the pack at the end. Eddy on his comeback to racing held in for a group finish. Greg stuck with the pack through nearly all the actual racing. I think he dropped on the last fast break on the back side of the course, after which the race was quite calm.
I, on the other hand, entered a race that I should have dominated and instead suffered through it. In the light of Devin racing with the 1,2,3's, I suck today. I couldn't maintain any decent effort in the front. My only move in the end brought me to about 3rd place with 200m to go, and I couldn't hold it. 10 people passed by in the final 200m. I suck. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

No comments: