Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Catching Up

I'm chasing myself with respect to last year at this time. The November to January months were far from ideal training and it showed in Froze Toes. Since I've been trying to hit it hard to try to recover at least a little bit before hitting the big races of the season. This morning I hit the 1000 mile marker for the year. It was a nice ride, too. The switch back to summer tires on the commuter brought a pick up in speed-- this morning's average was 17.7 mph. Just recieved a new TT helmet I picked up from Bonktown and one of these days I'll fix up the Co-motion to make it's transition to a TT bike a little smoother for those few time trials every year. The old junker I was using for working out position is ready for another semi-retirement.

2 comments:

Airmen said...

So you have a new road bike then if the Co-Motion is becoming the TT bike?

Heine said...

Nah, just making some adjustments to the Co-motion to make it convertable back and forth without much effor. I'm going to do some different cable routing and bar wrapping that'll look odd at first but I think it'd make sense once the aero bars a clipped on.