Friday, June 26, 2009

Maelstrom

June is nearly over and so much has happenned it is hard to pick a point. The whole world is in a mode of destruction.

I abandonned my hopes for the state road race, knowing I could not close the deal given my condition. But I was proud to see Devin ride on to take the jersey home for the team. I was glad I could help. I have ridden little since. This is definitely out of character.

The ground is in upheaval around me. The storms have whipped black and gray; hazardous debris circles, drooling for flesh. I am firm, resolute. Through the darkness I see my path, my line. My heart beats steady, my breath roils of purpose.

We'll see what happens at our home course this weekend. I feel no expectations, but I plan to ride hard and true to the finish. It is just a day in the sun; another day closer to a finish.

The world may fall but I will stand.

No comments: