Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grind

The Bubba CX mud today was thick. I'm am too new to this style, I'm still working out the basics of it all. Even though my results don't show much, the improvement is building. I started fast out of the gate with good position, but two sections of soft sod on the course proved I would not be a contender. I pushed myself to hold my position but I was slowly losing that battle. In the middle I found myself in company of my teammate Mathew. He was fading. I told him we're finishing this thing and so he sticks with it. On the last lap I flatted and I am still without a spare set of wheels -- I'm still using a seriously cheap set for the front line. Mathew was just behind me and we pulled into the pit and he lent me his spare front wheel. I had enough nuts loose in my head to attempt to run the entire last lap, but I know I wouldn't have made it. A good team makes the finish.
After a mess of a year and many things off the saddle distracting me from really enjoying any saddle time, I find myself out of shape and struggling on terrain I used to eat up. The divorce is nearly through and with it's weight and all the problems before it lifted from me, I'm rediscovering good time in the saddle again. The commutes to work are once again refreshing and the trainer time isn't nearly as dreaded. It's good to grind again.

No comments: